8 Easy Ways to Help
Our Wish List
A HOME of our own.
Safe Harbor Stables is a property that we lease from its owner, and it’s a wonderful home for us. But at some point in the future we need to own our own facility, a place where we can grow our organization and help more horses.
SAFE owns a very small Kubota tractor that we purchased used in 2014. It’s served us well, but with a bigger property comes bigger demands, and at some point, we will need to upgrade.
Our Wish List for the Farm:
We use these for manure pickup and stall cleaning. This is the Rubbermaid Big Wheel Cart — it’s great because you can pull it with one hand (unlike a standard wheelbarrow, which requires two hands). UNFORTUNATELY THESE DON’T LAST FOREVER so while we have several, they don’t all work!! Our volunteers work very hard, and we want them to have the best tools we can give them. So if you have the desire to help SAFE with a gift, buying us one of these carts is the surest way to win our hearts. Available at farm stores and Home Depot/Lowes. Used farm carts are welcome too!
Our Wish List for the Horses:
Here is a list of items that the SAFE horses use and need on a regular basis:
- Large salt/mineral blocks
- Senior feed
- Timothy or Alfalfa pellets
- HayStack Special Blend Pellets
- Rice Bran – Pellets
- Cool Calories
- Alfalfa cubes (great low sugar treats!)
- Panacur Power Pacs
- Vetericyn Wound and Infection Treatment GEL
- Venice Turpentine
- Thrush Buster
- 50-75 gallon Rubbermade water troughs
- Brooms, plastic pitch forks and shovels (light weight aluminum)
- Rubbermaid Big Wheel Cart
- LightHoof – mud Management
- Pea Gravel for turnout
Tack & Grooming:
- Rope Halter leads 12′ 14′ or 15′. Made from 1/2″ diameter Tree Line rope
- Rope Halter – Double Dimond Brannaman Collection (6mm)
- 3/8 or 5/8 width egg-butt snaffle bit with smooth copper
- Groundwork flags
- Western tack -Bridles, chin straps, slobber straps, rope reins, wool pads 3/4″ & 1″ and saddles.
- Pull on plastic bell boots
- Rain sheets and mid weight blankets- sizes 60″ to 75″
- Bot Fly egg removal knife
- “Jelly” curry combs
- Shampoo and Quick Silver for light horses
- Canter Mane and Tail Conditioner spray
We also gladly accept donations of tack and other horse supplies for the tack sales we hold to raise money for SAFE.
Donated blankets need to be waterproof turnout blankets and sheets, clean and in good condition if they are to be used on our horses.
Our Wish List for the Organization:
Subscription to Philanthropy Northwest’s Northwest Funders Directory
Membership in the Washington Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals
Staples gift cards