Answers to FAQs
• yes, these are the horses we called the Fall City 40
• these horses are in a secure location, with food, water, and shelter
• these horses are in sheriff’s custody now, but will be signed over to SAFE soon
• SAFE is covering the cost of their board, feed, and vet care with money raised for the Fall City 40
• these horses will be available for adoption to people who have experience with unhandled horses
• stallions will be gelded prior to adoption and adopters will be responsible for after care
• visit http://mayday.safehorses.org for further updates
As was reported on several local news outlets over the weekend, SAFE was involved in a large seizure of horses by the King County Sheriff’s Office. At this time, all we can say is that the horses are in a safe and secure location with food, water, and shelter, and that they will be held there pending this active cruelty investigation. SAFE has taken on responsibility for the cost of their shelter, feeding, and vet needs, and is covering those costs with funds raised during the summer for the rescue of the Fall City Forty. We are accepting donations to our general fund for ongoing needs of all the horses in our care. We thank you sincerely for your support with this operation and your sincere concern about the well-being of these animals.
If you know the location of any other horses belonging to the individual mentioned in the news stories below, please contact us immediately, and we will pass that information on to the King County Sheriff. It’s vitally important that any remaining horses belonging to this person are tracked down and accounted for. Thank you for your help with this effort!
More information on this case:
KIRO TV story: https://www.kiro7.com/video/?id=4802680
Redmond Reporter: More than 100 horses are being hoarded by a nonprofit in Puget Sound